Sunday, November 29, 2009

Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

from work.My hubby gets home about 6.30pm and i always like to have the toys cleared away and my daughter ready for bed and i change and do my hair (try to look nice for him)ect and have a home cooked meal ready before he comes home.Do you take the time to have everything nice for hubby when he gets home so its a nice relaxed home for him?



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

I think it is lovely that you want your husband to come home to a relatively tidy house - it also lets you keep on top of the toys as they quickly get out of hand.



Doing this will also teach your child to tidy up before the end of the day as long as you involve them in tidying up now - whatever age a child can help - even if just one toy!



Only thing is, if your husband does not do bath and pyjama time at the weekend, maybe one or two evenings a week I would let your husband be in charge of bath time as this is a really fun time and will let him be thoroughly involved in all aspects of your child's life.



One last thing - make sure he appreciates what you do and does not take it for granted



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

being the husband and father of 3..i can tell u..my wife was fantastic at doing just that...it was a perfect set up...couldnt ask for a better relationship...you would think we were the perfect family from the 50's...except one time she fell behind time and was in a real big hurry...she left the toys out and tossed the kids in the closet instead...hahaha...good luck



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

no he needs to know how things go during the day



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

Bloody hell i must be doing something wrong. Divorce your husband and marry me instead.



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

It's 25 years ago now - but yes I always had the house tidy for when my other half arrived home. The baby was often bathed and ready for bed - although he often liked to do the bath thing when she got a little older and enjoyed the water - so it depends. But we then got time together in a clean and tidy home when baby went to bed. It's all a matter of routine.



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

why are you putting a front on for him and its not very fair on your daughter let him see the real you for a change



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

i try to have the toys cleaned up (which is the kids' job, but sometimes takes more supervision than other times) and dinner made when my husband gets home.



if it doesn't happen because somebody's sick or somebody needed extra help with practicing the piano or homework or we had other parents and their kids over until just before dinner or any other reason, i don't stress about it. my husband knows my first job is taking care of the kids, and that housework comes second when there's time. (as for changing and doing my hair, are you kidding? i usually don't even get to shower until he comes home).



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

Occasionally. It depends on what we've been doing during the day, what time they're off to bed etc. Kids go to bed between 6 and 6.30 and hubby gets in between 6.15 and 6.30 so bath nights can run on into that time and he's often back before the kids are in bed. He doesn't mind too much if there are toys out and will happily help clear them up while im busy with other things.



A marriage is a partnership with both parties helping out eachother, there's no harm in him seeing/helping with the mess ever so often, it's not the 50's anymore, we don't need to be the little women taking care of our men. As for the concept that he's out earning the money, well when you've got small children/babies it's not always possible for the wife to go and earn money, certainly not when they cant afford childcare, plus looking after children and a home is a full time job too, one that doesn't earn money or thanks.



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

Nope. He likes to come home and play with the kids, so unless they are still napping, the toys are everywhere. Before naptime, they put their own toys away. I do try to cook something for him by the time he gets home, but he gets home at 3PM so its usually some sort of lunch, unless I have a class that night, in that case, dinner is usually ready a bit after he gets home so he can feed the kids and himself while I am gone.



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

I keep the house neat all day. There are toys out but not everywhere. I make sure I look nice all day whether he's home to see it or not. I make sure there's a good meal cooked every night...but not just for his sake...it's for me and our kids as well. And I homeschool my 12 yr old at the same time. I love my husband dearly and appreciate the fact that he works hard so that I can stay home with my kids but our whole schedule doesn't revolve around him. We have to clean, cook and take care of ourselves regardless of what he happens to be doing at the moment. As far as the getting the kids ready for bed.....well my kids are too old to be ready for bed at 630 (3 and12) but my husband helps with bedtime anyway. He may work all day but so do I. He knows that he's going to help me with the kids when he gets home. (I mostly do it but he helps) I for one don't think that earning the paycheck gets you out of doing some things at home. When he's deployed and/or I'm working too I can't just come home to things being perfect for me and sit down and do nothing so neither can he. Thankfully I have a smart man that realizes that I work hard also and that he also needs to do what he can when he gets home to make things relaxed for everyone....not just for himself.



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

well i used to do that all the time,until my third kids came to life,my mother in law could not come to help like she had done with my 2 young boys .so naturally,my husband was left alone with 2 boys(3 years old and a 14 months old boy) while i was in the hospital.every hours he would call me to ask me,at what time they eat,how to give them a bath,etc...) we live in Florida,when i came home i thought a hurricane came while i was absent....now he knows how difficult it can be to raise children,and since we never know what life can bring,i want to make sure he would know what to do in case i would not be around anymore.Now he does not complain if everything is not perfect,and understand why i rarely see the end of a movie!!!!



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

haha, no. Well, sometimes I'll clean up the toys if they are REALLY bad but I know the minute I put the blocks in the bucket -- he's going to dump them all out again. Hubby has learned that too so he gets it. We usually clear the toys around or right after my son's bedtime. It takes maybe 5 minutes to do since everything has a home and neither of us mind.



He almost always comes home to dinner being ready to eat. For my hubby at least, I don't think it has to be tidy to be relaxing. Of course we only have one child for now (another on the way) and he's 2.



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

Speaking as a stay at home mom of 3, I TRY to do the same for my hubby. But every once in a while especially on the days that he does not have to work, and I am still running around picking up toys, washing,drying, folding clothes, washing dishes, cooking supper(2 different ones), fighting with my pre-teen boys and chasing my 1yr old around.... ALL WHILE HE SITS ON THE COUCH RELAXING.... i would love it if he would ask ME if He could fix me something to drink. Little stuff like that lets me know that I am still appreciated.



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

I think it's nice that you do that....what does he do for you? I hope he goes as much out of his way for you. I think eventually you might get tired of doing that. If you have the time and energy then it's great but you are setting the bar high for yourself. If you have more children then things might get too hectic for you to have time to do all that and then what?



My husband works 2nd shift so he is gone to work before my kids are even home from school and they are in bed before he gets home. I do have my kids clean up their messes before bed time but not for him. I do it because I want them to learn to be neat and organized. I am usually in bed before he gets home as well. I have to get up to get the kids ready for school and he doesn't get home until almost midnight so I don't usually wait up.



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

I used to when my baby WAS a baby..but now she is 3 and a half, she makes a lot more mess...so no...



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

i tidy the toys away and have tea ready to serve up (even if i've had to keep it warm due to having a newborn), and will run a brush through my hair and wipe the sick off my shoulder. As for doing my hair and trying to look nice..i have 3 children under 6 and college work to do too, i barely get time to go to the toilet!



My husband knows how much work i do in a day, i've left him with the kids for the afternoon a few times! If he wants the mother of his 3 children to look immaculate he can get a stepford wife!



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

i agree... i do it most of the time, but i dont obessess about it.



sometimes you want them to know how hard you day is!!! and when you scurry to clean it before he sees it, it looks like you have it easy :P



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

I feel the same way! When I know my husband is on his way home from work, I get the kids together, and we clean up all the toys in the frontroom, clear our juice cups off the kitchen table, etc. I feel that when your husband has worked all day, Its nice to come home to a clean house and cooked food. We talk about his day ,my day, the kids days at school, it makes it more relaxing to them I think.



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

Nope! I try and keep on top of things but if he comes home to a less than tidy house then he sees what the real world is like. He's under no illusion that my day as full time mum, chauffeur, cook, cleaner, nurse, teacher, play pal, negotiator, friend, daughter, wife and anything else a mum to 3 boys under 8 is is pretty busy so he appreciates all that before he expects anything else.



There are home cooked meals on the table every day in life purely because I want my family to be well fed and be brought up on a healthy balanced diet.



He loves to help with the boys as much as possible and he has great fun helping them get ready for bed, reading stories, etc.



After every meal that he eats he'll help clear up and the dishes are washed and put away (no dishwasher here!)



He puts on washings and hangs it on the line without a word.(Still can't get him to iron though!)



I don't make any extra effort for him coming home as I try to look as best I can the whole day anyway - for my own self esteem and just because it's nice to be presentable at all times.



He works very hard at his own job but he knows he has a cut off point and a stay at home mum doesn't - I'm working 24/7 so a relaxed home for him is one where we work together as a team.



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

I try to at least make it so that there is a clear walkway when he comes home. LOL Honestly, with a 17 month old the toys are going to just get taken out again until she goes to bed so he understands that there might be a few on the floor when he gets home. My husband works rotating shifts so he doesn't get home at the same time every day, but we have home cooked meals as a family when he's here and he has food to take with him when he goes to work. I think that's a pretty decent deal.



As for going up to change and do my hair that's just silly as far as I'm concerned. If I looked nice enough to go out to the grocery store and whatever other errands I did during the day then I don't need to change for him. It's not like I'm sitting around in my pj's all day!



Do you tidy the kids toys away before your hubby comes home?

He's earning the cash, so it's right you do what you can to make his home life nice and relaxing. If you were working as well I would say it has to be 50/50 with both of you mucking in

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan