Sunday, November 29, 2009

Where can I find a Kids With Special Needs equipment for walking and training his muscles, he is 6 y

after he was born he had a serious problems in his brain cells relating to the oxygen in his brain, so he can't hair , talk , walk . but he can understand very well.



need to know a good place to buy the equipment need for his case to improve his muscles and help him to walk.



I hope I'll find the answer here



Thanks for help



P.S. I live in Cairo , Egypt .



Where can I find a Kids With Special Needs equipment for walking and training his muscles, he is 6 years old?

Hi Nasser,



I would recommend talking to a professional about the specific type of equipment your son would need. You do not mention how impaired his muscle tone is and that would make a big difference in the type of equipment he would need and what he would be able to do.



I live in Maadi (but I am leaving in 2 weeks), and there are a couple of places you could go to ask questions and get answers and they might be able to tell you where they buy their equipment.



1) MOVE Children Center in Degla, Maadi



202 521 2321



website: www.movemiddleeast.com



2)Learning Resource Center in New Maadi Area, Cairo



202 5163965



website: www.lrcegypt.com



I was a pediatric speech therapist before moving here and worked with several pediatric physical therapists. A pediatric physical therapist would be the best person to tell you what you need for your son. In the meantime, you could purchase a large exercise ball (the large blow up ones), they should be available in exercise stores or go to a gym and ask where they purchased theirs. These balls are wonderful for improving muscle tone, you could help your child sit and bounce on the ball (with as much support as he needed...you must be careful not to cause injury), which would help with trunk(muscles in the back) support and balance. A physical therapist could help you find many other uses for the ball that I don't feel qualified to instruct you on especially not knowing your son's abilities and limitations. Swimming is also an excellent activity as it removes the effects of gravity on your son's muscles. You could swim with him in a pool and help him move his muscles. I would not recommend horse back riding here unless you find a qualified professional, without the proper training and understanding of how to properly support your son on a horse, you could cause injury.



Good luck in finding what you need, I hope these websites are useful to you. Your son is blessed to have a wonderful and caring parent like you.



Sincerely



Carla



Where can I find a Kids With Special Needs equipment for walking and training his muscles, he is 6 years old?

http://southpawenterprises.com/



Where can I find a Kids With Special Needs equipment for walking and training his muscles, he is 6 years old?

contact a rehab center, they should be able to tell you something. goodluck.



Where can I find a Kids With Special Needs equipment for walking and training his muscles, he is 6 years old?

My son has low muscle tone. I was told it was hopeless but kept trying. Apparently anyone can build upon the little muscle tone they have. My son did. He was 6 months old when he gained slight control over his head and neck - sort of like a newborn does at birth. I do alot of theraputic recreation stuf with him to build his muscle. 2 things that work great are swimming and special needs theraputic horse back riding. An for swimming the teacher must be familiar with working with children woth disabilites.



Best wishes and good for your son to have a mom like you.



Where can I find a Kids With Special Needs equipment for walking and training his muscles, he is 6 years old?

go to www.bright-start.com ,they have some interesting things. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan